To all our gardeners,
Yesterday, the BC government released the list of essential services, which includes Garden Centers and Nurseries. We will remain open and continue to implement extended sanitation and distancing procedures.
We grow our plants here onsite. Our edible crops, that the majority of our customers are purchasing, are seeded and propagated and we continue to plant to bring your vegetable garden options to you as quickly as we can.
The early spring flowering crops have been in production for weeks and will continue to be available for our customers to have outdoor projects at home in order to support everyone's mental well-being and to feed the bees.
To summarize, The Greenery is deemed an essential service by the BC government. We are constantly monitoring orders on https://news.gov.bc.ca/ set forth by the provincial health officer.
- The Greenery Family
March 23, 2020 Update:
Our team is working around the clock to offer solutions to buy online, pickup orders, or get plants delivered. As soon as these options become available, we will make announcements via email and social media.
As of this moment, we are open with all the additional safety precautions in place, including limiting the number of people in our space to well exceed the recommended 2m social distancing rule.
We know things are changing constantly and have seen Ontario and Quebec give orders today that all non-essential businesses are to close in these provinces.
We are preparing in the event of a similar announcement in BC. Please know that our business will certainly follow the expert authorities to ensure the safety of our community.
To summarize, The Greenery is following the advice of the BC government and are constantly monitoring orders on https://news.gov.bc.ca/ set forth by the provincial health officer.
-The Greenery Family
March 17, 2020 Announcement:
Regarding our facility and employees:
During this very trying time, The Greenery Family wants to ensure our fellow community members that we are taking serious measures to keep our staff and customers as safe and healthy as possible.
- We have increased our cleaning and sanitization procedures and are disinfecting all common surfaces hourly.
- We are communicating with our staff daily and eliminating all first and secondhand exposure to any people who have been in contact with travelers or anyone who has been in contact with anyone coming from an airport.
- We continue to ask any staff or customers who may not be feeling well or are experiencing any symptoms to please stay home and isolate.
Regarding our customers:
We understand the situation is continually changing and we are staying updated with government protocol. Please continue to educate yourself with accurate information at canada.ca and bccdc.ca
- We remain open and operating hours are normal as of this announcement. Please visit this page for updates on the latest information.
- Please be mindful and wash your hands often with soap and water.
- If coughing or sneezing, please cover with a Kleenex or with your inner elbow.
- Our retail area is spacious and our customers at this time are able to safely practice social distancing, as we are nowhere near peak season.
- Currently, we are trying to implement procedures to help the elderly and immunocompromised with their gardening needs, as this is an easy and relaxing activity to do when staying home.
- We could all use some activity to help us remove a little stress from our lives at the moment, and we are working on a solution to help all our fellow gardeners to safely do so.
Stay healthy fellow gardeners. Our thoughts are with you,
The Greenery Family