New Rules for Pesticide Use
Everyone who uses certain pesticides in the garden and landscape will now require a Residential Applicator Certificate (RAC). These are available after an online reading and taking an exam afterwards. However, the actual certificate will not arrive for more than 2-3 weeks in our experience.
We suggest you go to http://mytrainingbc.ca/homepesticideuse/index.html where you can read all the information, prepare for the RAC exam and take the exam online.
The following is a partial list of pesticides that do NOT require a homeowner certificate. So if you are only using items from this list you would not need the Residential Applicator Certificate:
- Bug B Gone & End All (pyrethrins)
- Ant Killer Baits (boron compounds)
- Lime Sulphur Kits
- Copper Bordo Spray
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Moss Killer/ Moss Away (ferrous sulphate)
- Wasp Killer & Ant Killer (pesticides in aerosol containers)
- Dormant Oil Kits (mineral oils & lime sulphur)
- Path Clear (acetic acid)
- Insecticidal Soap (fatty acids & soaps)
Besides a few others, pesticides that WILL require the RAC are:
- Round Up
- Home Defense MAX (Permethrin)
Signup for our newsletter to be informed of plant and growing information, special dates, contests and more.
Latest Weekly News
Coleus Stock Pots, Geranium & Perennial Show Plants
June 09, 2023