New Rules for Pesticide Use
Everyone who uses certain pesticides in the garden and landscape will now require a Residential Applicator Certificate (RAC). These are available after an online reading and taking an exam afterwards. However, the actual certificate will not arrive for more than 2-3 weeks in our experience.
We suggest you go to http://mytrainingbc.ca/homepesticideuse/index.html where you can read all the information, prepare for the RAC exam and take the exam online.
The following is a partial list of pesticides that do NOT require a homeowner certificate. So if you are only using items from this list you would not need the Residential Applicator Certificate:
- Bug B Gone & End All (pyrethrins)
- Ant Killer Baits (boron compounds)
- Lime Sulphur Kits
- Copper Bordo Spray
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Moss Killer/ Moss Away (ferrous sulphate)
- Wasp Killer & Ant Killer (pesticides in aerosol containers)
- Dormant Oil Kits (mineral oils & lime sulphur)
- Path Clear (acetic acid)
- Insecticidal Soap (fatty acids & soaps)
Besides a few others, pesticides that WILL require the RAC are:
- Round Up
- Home Defense MAX (Permethrin)
Signup for our newsletter to be informed of plant and growing information, special dates, contests and more.
Latest Weekly News
Enter Now! The Blooming Hall of Fame 2022 is Open!
September 20, 2022